Pumpkin Spice Latte with Bonus Cookie Recipe
This pumpkin spice latte has warm notes of vanilla and hints of nutmeg, gently swirled with cinnamon sugar. As a bonus, we’ve included the perfect pumpkin pair - Pumpkin Chocolate Chunk cookies!
You are going to experience all of which Autumn brings, in one easy, homemade coffee drink recipe. Coffee cravers everywhere indulge in gourmet drinks tailored around the one true love, coffee.
In this article we will explain how to create this flavorful Fall duo, right from the comfort of your own home. These recipes will have you feeling like a seasoned barista and a top-of-the-line baker.
Let's get started
We begin making our Pumpkin Spice by mixing 4 ground spices: Cinnamon, Ginger, Cloves, and Nutmeg. Keep in mind, this will make enough for about 7 servings.
Here are the measurements:
Next, brew 1/2 cup of World Cuppa coffee. If you like your coffee strong we suggest adding extra coffee before brewing to increase the strength.
While the coffee is brewing, place 1 cup of whole milk (or almond milk for a healthier spin) into a pot and heat on the stovetop until hot. Whisk often to avoid boiling.
Sprinkle a 1/2 teaspoon (more or less to taste) of your homemade Pumpkin Spice mix into the milk along with 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla bean extract and give it a nice whisk to fully incorporate the ingredients.
Pour freshly brewed coffee into a mug, followed by the hot spiced milk.
Add 3 heaping teaspoons of sugar, mix well, and enjoy! Adjust sweetness as desired.
(If you are unsure of how sweet you want it, it's always best to start with less, and work your way up. If you’re a sweet tooth go ahead and top it off with whipped cream and garnish with an extra sprinkle of pumpkin spice!)
Double or triple this recipe to share with friends and family!
Pumpkin Spice Latte
Serving Size: 1
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Spice (see homemade mix above)
- 1/2 cup freshly brewed World Cuppa coffee
- 1 cup whole milk (or almond milk, if preferred)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean extract
- 3 tsp sugar (adjust as necessary)
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Brew World Cuppa coffee
- Heat milk on stovetop set to low, whisking often
- Add Pumpkin Spice and vanilla bean extract and whisk vigorously
- Add coffee to mug followed by the spiced milk
- Stir in sugar, garnish with spices and/or whipped cream, if desired
Pumpkin Chunk Cookies
With pumpkin purée and semi-dark chocolate chunks, this recipe is sure to become a family favorite!
Here’s how to make it:
To start off, preheat your oven to 350°.
Next, you’ll need to combine 1/2 cup of canola (or vegetable) oil with 1 cup of pumpkin purée in a large mixing bowl. (You can use fresh pumpkin or canned, either works well with this recipe.) Stir with a large spoon to incorporate.
Then add 1 cup of sugar, 1 egg, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Stir well.
In a small dish, mix 1 teaspoon of baking soda and 1 teaspoon of milk together and incorporate into the pumpkin mixture.
In a separate bowl, combine 2 cups of flour, 2 teaspoons of cinnamon, 2 teaspoons of baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt together.
Add all of the flour and pumpkin mixture together and stir until well incorporated. Try not to lick the spoon!
Next, take out your cutting board and a sharp knife and chop a dark or semisweet chocolate bar into pieces. You can decide how you like your cookie bites to be. (The bigger the chocolate chunks, the more chocolate in each bite!) When you’re finished you should have a nice variety of chocolate shavings and chunks. Yum!
Add the chocolate bits into your pumpkin batter. We recommend folding it in to avoid over-mixing.
Drop tablespoon sized amounts of cookie mixture onto a baking sheet covered in parchment paper.
Bake for 10-12 minutes. When they’re done, transfer them to a cooling rack for 10 minutes. (It’s hard, we know!)
Enjoy each bite with a sip of spiced latte and fall in love with your perfect pumpkin pair!
*Cookies can be stored in a sealed container for up to a week. (If they don't disappear before then!)
Pumpkin Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Yields: 3 dozen cookies
Bake time: 10-12 minutes - Oven Temp: 350°
- 1/2 cup canola (or vegetable) oil
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp milk
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 bar semi-dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place parchment paper onto baking sheet. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, combine oil, pumpkin puree, sugar, egg, and vanilla, stirring with large spoon.
- Mix baking soda and milk in small bowl and add to pumpkin mixture.
- In separate mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Incorporate flour and pumpkin mixture together. Stir well.
- Chop chocolate bar into small chunks.
- Fold chocolate bits into pumpkin mixture.
- Using a tablespoon, drop batter onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes in preheated oven.
- Transfer cookies onto cooling rack and let sit 10 minutes.
Don't forget to sign up to receive the latest coffee content, recipes, tips, tricks, and more!